FROM MINE TO MARKET
1. ARM identifies artisanal and small-scale mining organizations to work towards the Fairmined Standard.
2. These projects take on average 18-24 months and require a substantial investment.
3. ARM works to support miners in their journey to certification, either directly with them on the ground or with local partner organizations.
An independent 3rd party certification body performs an audit and if compliant the mining community is granted Fairmined Certification.
4. Once certified they can begin to sell their Fairmined certified gold to markets.
5. The miners must ensure continual compliance with the requirements of the Fairmined Standard which ensures organizational and social development and environmental protection.
6. The Standard includes progressive requirements that apply not only to the mining operation but the broader community as well.
HAND IN HAND WITH THE MINERS
FAIRMINED IS AN INITIATIVE BUILT FOR AND BY MINERS. WE ARE INTIMATELY INVOLVED WITH LIFE ON THE GROUND AND ARE UNWAVERINGLY COMMITTED TO THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE MINERS.
WHAT THAT MEANS FOR YOU…
A Standard that makes
a real difference
Our close collaboration means we are genuinely engaged with all the issues and are better placed to create more social and environmental impact.
Working with small-scale mining is complex but by working so closely with the mining organizations, we can hugely reduce the risks, spotting and addressing issues and problems.
Our strong relationships mean we can access the personal perspective and stories of the mining communities, connecting you and your stakeholders to the miners.
Fairmined is a market solution to a sustainable artisanal and small-scale mining sector and recognizes that this will only work if it helps your business. Whether you are big or small, we are interested in meeting your needs.
Simple and flexible model
We understand that there is a wide range of businesses in the industry with different approaches and needs. Our flexible market models allow you to engage with artisanal and small-scale mining in the most adequate way for your business.
Support to sell
We have worked the complex standards into simple messages and attractive materials that can help you sell. The brand guidelines will arm you with information but also let you tell the story to your customers in ways that work for your brand.
We understand the challenges of changing supply chains so we want to work with you to find solutions and give you pragmatic options. We can offer more than just reliable supply, helping you build a bespoke plan to engage with artisanal and small-scale miners in a way that is appropriate and authentic.
Focus & individual support
Our focus is on gold and associated precious metals and all our resources go into supporting these supply chains. We provide very individual support wherever it is needed (exporting, supply chains, marketing, communications) to make our partners’ engagement with Fairmined a success.